Saturday, February 12, 2011

Roses Cake

There are many talented bakers out there, but I have to say I AM BAKER is one of my favorites. Amanda is sheer genius when it comes to putting cakes together.  When I saw her roses cake, I knew I just HAD to give it a try.
Three fabulous reasons to make this cake ~
1. Its incredibly beautiful on the outside
2. Its very different on the inside
3.  It makes two beautiful cakes

Roses Cake 025b

Roses Cake 040b
The vertical layers on the inside make this gorgeous cake even more special.
Roses Cake 056a
If you want the step by step instructions go on over to I Am Baker, the instructions are easy to follow.
In any case, I’ll nutshell it just so you can get the idea.  First you’ll start with 2 cakes, each cake 2 layers, I used 9 “ pans. These are basic white cake and red velvet cake.
Roses Cake 073a
Make a template with each circle about 1” apart. Cut both cakes the same way.
Remember this is only an overview of the instructions, go to I AM BAKER for FULL instructions.
This is what they look like assembled.
Roses Cake 078a
Once they’re together you’ll want to wrap them tightly to seal them and pop them back in the fridge for a while.
Roses Cake 080a
Whip up a batch of homemade butter cream or use whatever frosting you like most.. just make sure its a stiff, crusting icing.  For the roses, use a 1M tip. Start at the centre and swirl out from there.
Roses Cake 084a
The roses look beautiful in white, but I was dying to try another color.  I tinted the icing a deep rose color.
Spread a thin layer of icing all over the cake first then begin your roses.
Roses Cake 018b
Roses Cake 036b
Roses Cake 029b


Roses Cake 054a
Roses Cake 001a
Roses Cake 047a
Roses Cake 016a

Enjoy !
lisapinkfork

5 comments:

  1. Wow ~ Wow ~ Wow ~ You ARE a baker!! These are so pretty Lisa ~ love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those are seriously so beautiful!!! I might have to figure out an event to try making one of those for. I'm so glad I came across your site! I'll check out I am baker too :)
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AKA CONNI
    If you put 3 layers lined up you will have a Checkerboard Cake without spending a fortune on the Pan. This is how you made them many years ago Pre-Checkerboard Pan :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS.
      You can also make it much easier by using a 6 and 3 inch Cookie Cutter and not have to use the knife or board and again, line up the layers opposite flavors for the Checkerboard effect.

      CONNI

      Delete